Rules give definition to ones life. On many occasions, one devises rules for systematic implementation of plans to achieve goals. Rules also help people to come to better understanding about their lives and help others achieve what they want. It is only due to rules that the humanity is able to successfully hold onto every discovery that has been made.
So when it comes to devising rules for development of power of positive thinking, 10 is a great number to take. It may be possible that some people have set a rule for themselves to stick to number 10!
Ever since people have realized the importance of the power of positive thinking, they had been seeking some defining rules that help them develop such powers easily. To make things easier, we are outlining 10 rules that if followed religiously can help every individual unlock their hidden potential and gain better control over their lives. These are as follows:
1) Believe - There is no scope of pretension for positive thinkers. If you pretend, you?ll gain nothing. You just need to believe with whole heart in your ability to think positively. There will be no benefits for you even if the whole world believes that you are a positive thinker, and you only are unable to tap onto the advantages that accrue by indulging in positive thinking.
2) Be Objective - It?s very important to remain objective and keep moving forward without going off balance by the ups and downs of life. A lot of people get overwhelmed by their repeated failures and take them for their destiny, thus, loosing all hope. There are others who get so carried away by their small successes that they loose focus of the long-term goals and end up making all wrong decisions filled with fake pride.
3) Take good care of your physical well being - Having a healthy body in itself is a great source of positive thoughts for an individual. Moreover, nothing great of significance can be achieved if you are not fit to do so. A healthy body inevitably contributes in creating a healthy mind.
4) Surround yourself with people of positive thoughts - When faced with a severe battle between the positive and negative thoughts in your mind, the help of a positive thinking friend is indispensable. You would never want to be friends with people who instead of encouraging you at such critical times, push you further down in the dumps.
5) Patience is the Key - Starting to think positive is not a one-day affair. It is important that you approach your development exercise in a patient manner and not give up mid-way.
6) Use your Negativity - The moment you discover a negative aspect of your life, don?t go repelling it outright, instead try finding ways and means to channelize that negative energy for some positive purpose. For example - if you get angry quickly, instead of wasting that anger on road rage, utilize it to stand up for social causes.
7) Don?t carry your negativity on your sleeves- no one likes to be around a person who sends negative vibes to everyone he/she meets. It is very important that you develop a positive attitude and don?t throw around your weight on others.
8) Don?t reject novel ideas outright - when you face an unfamiliar situation or are told about new ideas, don?t go about them like most people do, that is start criticizing. Every novel idea or situation has positive aspects too and possesses seeds of learning.
9) Take it easy - Rome was not built in a day, nor did the famous personalities become what they became in a days time. Pace yourself properly to avoid running out of steam when the critical moments come.
10) Change is the name of the game - The common factor among all the above-mentioned points is that they are all for your benefit, however, they won?t come any good if you repel change. They show you the way, but it is up to you whether you walk or not.
Abhishek is a Self-Development expert and he has got some great Positive Attitude Secrets up his sleeves! Download his FREE 87 Pages Ebook, "Positive Attitude For Unlimited Success" from his website http://www.Positive-You.com/689/index.htm. Only limited Free Copies available.
Article Source: http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=Abhishek_Agarwal